Infrastructure Project Manager
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Providing thought leadership and plans, directs and oversees the execution of the User Support Center, tiered support technicians, infrastructure and customer service tools and systems required to support the Authority's Users of information processing systems, networks and end-user computing systems.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction with the services and responsiveness of the IT User Support Center in meeting the daily needs of the user community.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of operational performance against committed service level objectives and evaluation and adaptation of service technology required to provide efficient, effective, and superior service.
- Responsible for organizational fiscal performance against established budgetary plan and the development, maintenance and promotion of department documentation and training.
- Preparing, executing and managing a detailed PC deployment plan.
- Mitigating and/or resolving any issues to ensure that the deployment schedule, strategy and detailed plan are met and fulfilled.
- Managing, orchestrating and maintaining high quality activities and/or tasks related to the scheduling, staging and delivery of PC systems to the end user.
- Preparing and executing detailed deployment readiness procedures for the IT Coordinators and end users.
- Preparing detailed deployment execution procedures and train the deployment team.
- Managing deployment team resources; maintain and update quality of deployment procedures.
- Mitigating and/or resolving any issues that may arise in the delivery of PC systems to the end user, including coordination with IT Coordinators, Training and Communications, Helpdesk support staff, Server team, Network team, PC Provisioning team, Notes teams, etc.
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly status reports on project progress including inventory levels - delivered, issues and resolutions.
- Ensuring that PCs delivered to and retrieved from users are recorded and tracked.
- Managing and orchestrating end-to-end ordering, delivery and inventory maintenance of PC systems from the vendor.
- Documenting project progress, issues encountered, resolutions and lessons learned.
- Providing comprehensive report at project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or closely related field with 5+ years of team management experience including leadership of a large (10+ person) cross competency team across a suitable range of project types (techheavy, design-intensive, etc.) and industry verticals. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of project and client management experience, including demonstrated ability in building relationships, and cultivation them over time.
- 3+ years’ experience in Notes and Windows administration and user support,
- experience in managing PC deployment projects, with both hardware and operating system upgrades in an enterprise environment.
- PMP Certification.
- Exceptionally organized in order to prioritize a heavy workload and maintain an exceptional level of accuracy in protecting IT systems and information.
- Must be self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and client-oriented.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.