Jr. Financial Auditor
Camp Springs, MD
Project mission is to assist in preparation of assertion packages to achieve audit readiness in compliance with methodology established in accordance with the most current Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance and AF Acceleration Plan, by meeting or exceeding timelines established in AF FIPs for each assessable unit/statement.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will perform field work and lead/mentor/collaborate with a team, including junior staff, providing guidance and direction for specific sub-tasks and work together to complete tasks. He/she will review work products for quality, completeness and adherence to requirements and summarize audit findings or the results of analyses for consideration. All will work in accordance with the Operating Standards listed below.
Operating Standards Environment:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), and internal control over financial reporting (ICOFR) in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars (A-123, A-127, A-134, A-136, and others).
- Federal Information Systems Controls Audit Manual (FISCAM) requirements
- OUSD(C) FIAR Guidance
- DoD and Air Force Financial Management Adherence to the Federal Accounting Standards Advisor Board (FASAB), Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Concepts (SSAC), and Statements of Federal Accounting Standards (SFFAS)
- DoD financial management policies and procedures
- AF policies, systems and procedures for personnel, acquisition, inventory, property and material management.
- BS degree in accounting, business management, or related field with 4+ years of relevant experience in support of DoD or Federal Agencies. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial management services.
- Experience with and understanding of DOD Audit process and protocols (FIAR guidance). DOD Audit and/or Audit readiness experience preferred.
- Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; and demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Experience in GPPE; preference for Real Property experience.
- Ability to travel required
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- U.S. citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass an extensive client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.