Windows Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will provide Windows Systems Engineering support for our client. This position is responsible for performing all of the following roles in an efficient manner and within the scope and deadlines prescribed:
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The candidate will provide Windows Systems Engineer support for our client. The successful candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Supporting the operations of a production enterprise application running Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 on multiple Windows servers.
- Performing Windows technical analysis and operational support.
- Providing operation and maintanence of the OS including application of patches and upgrades.
- Understanding Government policies and terminology in support of cybersecurity requirements. Security hardening for OS and web containers is required.
- Working with database administrators to ensure the integrity of the database environments.
- Assisting database administrators with performance and capacity issues.
- Handling support desk tickets related to the operation system and application.
- Effectively interacting with the customer.
- Controlling consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the operating system and applications.
- On call and after-hours once-a-month maintenance support required.
- Maintaining system documentation and write installation and operations documents.
- Some travel to US and overseas sites may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related academic focus area with 5+ years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2/SP2.
- SQL experience in creating and updating scripts.
- Experience with IIS/Tomcat and .NET Framework. (Optional)
- Experience in the creation, deployment, and operation of IT systems.
- Experience in managing the relationship with Government hosting environments.
- Experience working on projects in similar size and scope.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass an extensive client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.