Project Manager III
This position is for supporting the IT Business Intelligence (BI) Project Manager in the design and development of a data mart solution to capture train passenger log-on and Wi-Fi usage for analysis of station crowding, travel patterns, and related train ridership use cases. The analysis shall also account for train movement and schedule data and other related information.
- Develop complicated algorithms for ensuring data integrity and de duplication
- Design and develop Extract, transform, Load (ETL) programs to load data from multiple source systems
- Collaborate with BI report developers, WMATA program planners and analysts, and the WMATA network services team to understand requirements, make design decisions, and solve problems
- Deliverables include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Rider Mobile Device Data Mart Design.
- ETL program and algorithm designs for sourcing data from the Cisco CMX application and other WMATA data sources into the Rider Mobile Device Data Mart.
- Rider Mobile Device Data Dictionary and related source to target mappings.
- Ridership use cases to incorporate into the data mart for subsequent analysis to provide insight on where to streamline and improve train service.
- Lifecycle technical documentation as required by quality standards of the BI team.
- Provide task tracking, resource allocation, quality assurance, technology review, research, budget monitoring and weekly status reports
- Manage functional teams, assist with budgets, manage vendor/ client relationships and provide work plans for developmental projects
- Implement network functions
- Provide support services
- Identify and manage risk
- Act as liaison between government management and contractors to define work needed to ensure work is accomplished as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field with 8+ years of experience in Program Management/Engagement Management
- Current PMP Certification
- The successful candidate will have in-depth and broad experience related to:
- Relational data modeling
- ETL design and programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop data cleansing routines and design complex algorithms
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Ability to learn new functional areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to communicate/collaborate with customers, analysts, SMEs, and report developers on full lifecycle BI projects
- At least 10 years of experience designing and developing ETL and data models in data warehouse/data mart environments involving extensive data cleansing and/or tight algorithm design
- At least 1 year of experience developing for Oracle 12(c)
- At least 3 years of experience using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008/2016 for end to end ETL development for BI applications
- At least 5 years of experience developing in Python, VB, or R, especially utilizing scientific or numerical terms/extensions
- Experience with Talend Data Management and Data Quality tools a plus
- Experience using ERwin a plus
- Experience working with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) or mobile device data feeds a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Earned Value (EV) analysis on large multiyear IT projects
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.