Application Engineer (Java)
Kansas City, MO
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information systems.
- Serve as the technical lead on a Scrum team consisting of developers and testers
- Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects to assign and monitor coding tasks within a Scrum team.
- Lead, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
- Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
- Debug and resolve application and data issues.
- Reports to a project manager, with additional oversight provided by application architects.
- Mentor, coach and develop Scrum team members.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of software development experience utilizing Java with Bachelors degree (4+ years with Master’s degree)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
- Must possess at minimum an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification (or obtain within 120 days after hire)
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.