Senior Infrastructure Architect
The Enterprise infrastructure Architect is a senior-level application infrastructure, security architecture and modeling position aligned to the Enterprise Architecture group within WMATA IT. The successful candidate is adept at working across lines of business in a large enterprise and focusing on application architecture, infrastructure architecture and security architectural perspectives and models to meet enterprise goals. The candidate must be comfortable in a senior position that takes a broader view of problems than a single domain. The enterprise infrastructure architect will have responsibility across all LOB Applications & solutions. The ideal candidate will have knowledge beyond modeling enterprise architecture, data governance, business intelligence, data warehousing, operational data management, relational databases, and big data infrastructure planning along with security architecture.
Essential Fucntions and Job Responsibilities:
- Apply IT infrastructure architecture concepts to assist WMATA teams responsible for developing infrastructure requirements in specific functional areas.
- Coordinate work to prevent overlap and ensurealignment with WMATA Enterprise Architecture Framework, IT strategy, strategic drivers and standards.
- Apply gap analysis techniques to define the nature and extent of IT infrastructure scope changes and communicate business case to decision makers.
- Prepare as-is and to-be IT infrastructure components including schematics to describe datacenters, networks, redundancy, failover, disaster recovery, storage, messaging, monitoring and other IT infrastructure components.
- Work with data and infrastructure architects and software program managers to ensure integrity of IT infrastructure systems and plans with overall Enterprise Architecture.
- Guide the work of technical systems/data analysts and documentation specialists.
- Recommend and support rationale for standards in the IT infrastructure arena.
- Provide conceptual and logical data modeling for project pipeline and working together with LOB modeling teams to deliver data designs that work across the consumer lines of business. This role may do both the hands-on modeling and also work with other modelers.
- Ensure all teams are implementing functionality with the same logical blueprint and these blueprints make it into the master logical model.
- Assist with the definition, documentation, and communication of architecture and modeling standards, best practices, and guiding principles for Enterprise IT.
- Set expectations with the line of business (LOB) on what they need to do to enable IT architecture management goals.
- Maintain and enhance the high level / conceptual business information architectural models or business object model that will be used as the framework by which data management assets and functions are organized and measured.
- Conduct and participate in ARB and DRB design reviews for all IT data projects and materially contribute to the IT EA infrastructure and goals.
- Assist with identifying C-level data assets, their systems of record, and building roadmaps to improve the quality, availability, usability, and other characteristics of the data.
- Contribute significantly to the design of enterprise metadata attributes, collection and management processes, and publication to an enterprise metadata repository.
- Represent data architecture for IT and be a leader and advocate for what is important in the data space when faced with typical time and budget constraints from others.
- Facilitate the mapping and auditability of information assets as they flow from upstream legacy, package, or custom development and interfaces to downstream analytical applications, thus ensuring optimal transparency, quality, consistency and controlled redundancy across the enterprise.
- Facilitate the definition of integrative and canonical views of data or information across multiple content types (structured, semi-structured, XML or unstructured) to support convergence of information asset migration planning or impact analysis.
- Design the architecture of Information Systems in accordance with the WMATA's strategy and agreed solutions and practices.
- Participate in the IS Strategic Plan and associated architecture process.
- Carry out studies that allow appropriate choices for transversal solutions.
- Develop guidance for securely integrating new systems into the company's IS landscape.
- Assess the impact of new solutions on existing or planned architectures.
- Managing risks related to IT and information assets.
- Lead or participate in strategic studies.
- Participate in defining the approach for the evolution and integration of the different business and technological components of Enterprise Information Systems.
- Monitor trends and new technologies in order to identify opportunities for WMATA.
- Foster innovation to create business value.
- Promote value of the enterprise architecture.
- Coach and support teams on Enterprise Architecture practices and EA tool usage.
- Assess and communicate to the stakeholders a meaningful and usable architecture for their area of responsibility.
- Lead EA Governance & processes.
- Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the architecture roadmap. Monitor and continuously improve EA maturity level (KPI definition, measurement and report).
- EA Framework and tools (TOGAF,FEA.COBIT ETC).
- Implement and maintain the WMATAs EA framework and repository with the associated governance process
- Manage standards (identification,promotion, implementation & monitoring).
- Identify, document and share the main components of enterprise IS architecture and the inter-component relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Communications, Finance, or related field with 10+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on Technology Architecture. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- 8+ years of modeling experience in a large enterprise with multiple domains.
- Expert in application architecture, Infrastructure ARCHITECTURE & SECURITY Architecture.
- Experience with leading relational database technologies including Teradata, Oracle,DB2 and MS SQL ETC.
- Solid understanding of metadata.
- Experience with business analytics and working with business personnel to understand information needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication ability; ability to articulate complex ideas tailored to the audience's level of knowledge.
- Ability to anticipate what an audience needs to understand.
- Experience using Microsoft Visio or other data or application visualization software to document IT infrastructure architectures.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to perform basic hardware requirements and deployment documentation.
- Familiarity with MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience coordinating IT infrastructure requirements with application development teams to plan infrastructure support requirements.
- Proven ability to plan and deploy robust IT infrastructures to support a wide array of platforms including AIX, zOS, Unix and Microsoft.
- Experience performing the IT Infrastructure Architecture function, from conception to deployment in large organization.
- Experience with implementation and architecture of one or more of the following technology sets: virtualization, cloud computing, Identity Management, LDAP authentication, or mainframe migration.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience using the Abacus Enterprise Architecture repository to document relationship of IT infrastructure architectures to an enterprise architecture.
- Formal training in organization development, complex systems analysis, group facilitation or information systems requirements analysis.
- Experience in the transit industry.
- Experience in deploying IT infrastructure to support Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) that integrate legacy. applications across a J2EE, MS .NET, and/or legacy mainframes or mini environments.
- Experience in managing and planning infrastructure support and deployment for message-oriented middleware such as Web methods, WebSphere, See beyond or BizTalk.
- Experience in managing and planning in managing infrastructure support and deployment for a Commercial Off The Shelf Software (COTS) portal framework such as SharePoint, AcquLogic Portal or Oracle Portal.
- Hands-on experience planning IT infrastructures supporting authentication or identity management solutions for large secure organizational enterprises.
- Large-scale network architecture experience.
- Large-scale IT security architecture experience.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.