Service-Oriented Architecture Technical Lead -Developer Metro Time
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Implementing SOA solution.
- Designing a reusable xml interfaces and web services that conform to relevant standard.
- Assisting the PM with required project artifacts.
- Developing and implementing plans to familiarize WMATA developers with deployed services.
- Assuring the SOA governance plan is followed.
- Developing code for Enterprise and Domain SOA services to enterprise standards and best practices.
- Developing service wrappers for services and business applications.
- Developing Service Design Patterns.
- Performing the unit tests of the service in a development environment.
- Performing the integration testing in a development environment.
- Assisting with performance and security testing in a development environment.
- Managing SOA service Configuration and Release Management Infrastructure.
- Maintaining SOA governance module and associated infrastructure.
- Developing Service Developments and Deployment Documentation.
- Maintaining the SOA service in the operational life cycle of the service.
- Managing production instances of SOA services.
- Updating production instances and configuration in order to meet SLAs for SOA services. Managing the consistency of the Service Registry against redundancy.
- Responding to incidents related to SOA services.
- Developing a complete SOA development lifecycle using iterative methodologies.
- Executing top-down & bottom-up service and process development.
- Designing and developing event-driven solutions.
- Responsible for SOA QA and turning around identified defects quickly.
- Facilitating the definition of integrative and canonical views of data or information across multiple content types (structured, semi-structured, XML or unstructured) to support convergence of information asset migration planning or impact analysis.
- Designing the architecture of Information Systems in accordance with the WMATA’s strategy and agreed solutions and practices.
- Participating in the IS Strategic Plan and associated architecture process.
- Carrying out studies that allow appropriate choices for transversal solutions.
- Developing guidance for securely integrating new systems into the company’s IS landscape.
- Assessing the impact of new solutions on existing or planned architectures.
- Managing risks related to IT and information assets.
- Leading or participating in strategic studies.
- Participating in defining the approach for the evolution and integration of the different business and technological components of Enterprise Information Systems.
- Attending regular departmental and project meetings.
- Assisting project leadership in designing the approach for SOA projects, including selection of technologies, setting technical directions, estimating/planning and directing developers.
- Assisting Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) developers in resolving problems, finding solutions and writing specifications that will meet the business needs and requirements, and comply with applicable standards.
- Collaborating with enterprise architects and IT program managers to enhance existing business applications and facilitate solutions to meet business requirements.
- Building solutions and managing implementation aspects of projects.
- Creating and/or reviewing manuals, how-to procedures, and related documentation in a variety of formats. Ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience.
- Responding to questions from WMATA personnel and analyze what-if scenarios.
- Reviewing technical and design documentation.
- Writing technical and design documents.
- Providing technical ability screening for new team members.
- Creating testing and quality assurance plans.
- Managing and prioritizing change requests and problem reports.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience in information technology with an emphasis on integration platform based deliverables. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience with SOA and web service design and implementation.
- Demonstrated advanced experience with object oriented design and development techniques using Microsoft technologies and service- oriented architecture.
- Demonstrated use of .NET application development technologies as well as a solid understanding and practical use of other Microsoft development technologies such as C+/C++, .NET, VB.NET, XML, SQL, SOA, BizTalk and SharePoint.
- Hands-on professional experience in .Net and/or MS integration technology.
- Excellent application development skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise class systems.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, especially with regard to test and quality assurance planning.
- A proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Installing and configuring the Oracle SOA Fusion Middleware version 12.2.0 and above
- Installing and configuring the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control for Server and Service Monitoring.
- Installing and configuring the OHS Front end host service for the SOA Suite.
- Installing and configuring the Active-Active replication for SOA infra database for High Availability Using Golden Gate.
- Installing and configuring the High Available MFT 12.2.1 and above.
- Building the Oracle SOA cloud infrastructure. Advanced service distribution & optimization
- Implementing the Oracle API Manager Cloud Services
- Implementing Release Management using Jazz.
- Extensive experience on SOA based integrations and must have Java development background. Complete understanding of Java/J2EE n-Tier architectures, Web Services standards, integration, design Patterns, SOA Standards.
- Moderate experience providing relevant SOA specific design and development services including development of SOA design standards, patterns, principles, web services and experience with enterprise service bus technologies.
- Experience in the following:
- Creating and implementing the Capacity Management plan for high available SOA infrastructure.
- Configuring the service based dynamic cluster using FMW12.2.1
- Web Services Standards and integration design patterns (request/response, publish/subscribe, assured delivery, synchronous vs. asynchronous required.
- Enterprise integration background including XML/XSLT, Data Transformation, Message Routing, Integration Infrastructure and Web Services (WS*, REST).
- Software/middleware components (Enterprise Services Bus, Enterprise Messaging, J2EE application servers).
- Relational database experience (SQL Server, Oracle) and programming experience (C#, Java, PL/SQL, T-SQL) preferred.
- Developing technical documentation, and supports the QA, release, and production support processes.
- Configuring the Keystore and Policy store for secure SSL Communication and SFTP configuration.
- Must have hands-on ability provisioning and integrating services using Enterprise Service Bus using a middleware SOA Platform.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and frameworks like spring, Hibernate, Seam, Model View Controller etc.
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting, identifying the bottlenecks and tuning the Managed servers for High Performance and High Availability.
- Expert knowledge in automating build and deployment using Urban Code.
- Expert in implementing and Configuring the Oracle webcenter.
- Languages: Java (J2SE, Java SE, J2EE, Java EE), SQL, XML, XSL/T, X/HTM
- Databases: Oracle SOA: Oracle Fusion (Admin+ Development), BPEL, Routing & Mediation, Web Services, EDA, ESB, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, XML, WS-*, WS-Basic Profiles, XML Beans, XML
- Tools & Utils: JDK, J2SE, J2EE, JUnit, JTest, Eclipse, JDeveloper, JBuilder, Java, Ant, Unix Tools (vi, awk, sed), SVN, Maven, WLST.
- Knowledge of Kronos Systems.
- Hands on experience on integration of Kronos with PeopleSoft.
- MFT based document exchange
- Strong leadership skills while working in a team environment.
- Negotiation and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent skills in oral and written business communications in English.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with the following:
- Iterative/Agile Development approaches
- XML technologies: XSD, XSL
- T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services
- BizTalk Implementation
- SharePoint Implementation
- Web service Security: SAMC, Federated ID Management
- Implementation experience of BPM project using Microsoft BizTalk.
- Implementation in the .NET Framework preferably in C+/C++.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.