Rail Operations Computer Support (ROCS) Client/Server Consultant
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Participates in and oversees the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of assigned enterprise complex projects. Interfaces with other offices to ensure commitment to support or use the Authority's integrated systems.
- Consults with and informs user departments of system requirements, operating difficulties and problem resolutions, and future enhancements and modifications.
- Participates in problem resolution related to system design and implementation reviews and recommends approval of functional and technical design documents, implementation of systems, and program enhancements and modifications to assigned applications.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of scope of work, project proposals, or requests for proposals to buy, revise, or design, and install application systems.
- Represents IT at meetings and conferences with consultants, contractors, and other stakeholders of assigned systems.
- Provides input and monitors expenditures against project budgets.
- Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with WMATA standards and procedures.
- Supervises plans, procures, implements, and directs the activities of the IT projects in four key areas of IT systems development: Project Management, Quality Assurance and Quality Control, Risk Management, and Scheduling.
- Directs and performs the acquisition and contract negotiation for software products, and conducts business requirement analysis and data integration studies, using intelligent transportation standards.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and approves system changes to determine feasibility, alternative solutions, and back out
- Provides leadership based on best practices from all offices, a keen understanding of strategic priorities, and the ability of anticipate the Authority's IT
- Oversees the administration of a Quality Control program and ensures that proper developmentto- production of new systems and enhancements to existing systems are in compliance with approved standards.
- Prepares and presents oral/written reports/recommendations within assigned areas.
- Apply transit standard architectural frameworks (such as ITS, TEAF or Transmodel) to the WMATA enterprise to guide and update the creation of regional projects.
- AIM reports AIM testing and tracking of defects Dulles Phase II analysis.
- Coordinate with IT Rail Operations Computer Support (ROCS) projects with project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor IT ROCS project activities.
- Develop technical applications to support users.
- Develop, implement, maintain and enforce documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
- Provide training for system products and procedures; Perform application upgrades.
- Perform, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real-time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
- Troubleshoot problems in SCADA systems.
- Maintain Automatic Train Supervisory System, Passenger Information Display System, Rail Performance Monitoring System, and predictors.
- Ensure project life-cycle is in compliance with WMATA standards and procedures.
- Relevant experience in a senior technical role.
- Bachelor’s degree with six (6) or more years of progressively responsible experience in the development of large scale application systems in a client/server environment. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience with highly technical applications software development work in support of real-time information systems implemented in the Windows and UNIX environments.
- Senior-level professional knowledge with technical experience and project leadership in the design, development and maintenance of a real-time computer system critical to Rail Operations.
- Strong development in web development using Java 6 or later, JSP, Java servlet, Object-relational mapping (ORM) tool like Hibernate (Java) and Weblogic.
- Thorough knowledge of C/C++, system programming on UNIX and/or Windows Cluster on a high availability system designed for real-time processing.
- Experience in .NET programming languages, design, web technologies, web-based computing environments and testing methodologies.
- Knowledge of the full product life cycle with experience in requirements analysis, test plan and test case development.
- Experience using Crystal Report, Visual Studio, .NET, C#, VB.NET, XML/XSL and SQL.
- Strong Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 skills with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Networking, ADS, Microsoft Clustering, TCP/IP, HTTP and Microsoft IIS.
- Experience in test automation and build management tools (Vault, etc.).
- Knowledge of the features related to implementation of the Rail Scheduling, Dispatching, Automatic Train Control, Automatic Train Supervision, Operations Network Communications, Automatic Car Identification, Incident Reporting, and Alarm systems applications, and of the software tools involved in development, implementation, customize and maintenance activities associated with these applications.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and standard practices in intelligent transportation system as used in transit agencies and public entities in the area of scheduling, data and fare collection, vehicle location, and real-time fleet management.
- Knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques used to evaluate, select, develop, test, implement, integrate, and troubleshoot systems software and hardware of all types.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with Word and Power Point Ability to implement complex ITS projects in a transit environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Experience coordinating software and hardware requirements and working with development teams. Experience in implementation of cross boundary service oriented architecture projects of Business Process Management projects using webservices integration. Experience in implementation of Microsoft BizTalk and/or SharePoint projects.
- Experience implementing transit signal prioritization programs.
- Experience implementing regional data sharing programs. Experience implementing rail control or SCADA enterprise software systems.
- Formal training in organization development, complex systems analysis, group facilitation, or information systems requirements analysis.
- Executive experience in a medium-to-large transit authority.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.