Configuration Management Specialist
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- The candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Participate in/attend Configuration Control Working Group (CCWG)
- Process incidents and service request
- Ensure Client conducts impact assessments
- Ensure changes are implemented as approved
- Prepare agendas and minutes for the client and coordinated meetings
- Identify attributes that define all aspects of configuration items
- Ensure configuration control is maintained for all approval stages
- Ensure configuration items are completed with the requirements of its detail and/or design documentation
- Record and report on configuration baselines associated with each item at any moment of time
- Participate in configuration control board meetings as deemed necessary
- Provide weekly status reports on Project/Configuration Management Support tasks
- Incident Support and Service Request Support
- The candidate shall be able to provide the following support:
- Receive/retrieve incidents using Change Management and Remedy systems
- Document any changes/update information on tickets
- Provide/forward Remedy tickets to intended recipient(s) for action daily
- The candidate shall be responsible for creating and managing the following client deliverables:
- Change Requests Status Report (Weekly)
- Open Tickets Report (Daily)
- Enterprise Change Request Tool Status Report (Weekly)
- Task Management Tool Data Collection Summary Report (As Requested)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or closely related field with 5+ years of Configuration Management experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Must have experience preparing and developing technical and system documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.