Technical Lead (Agile Development)
Planned Systems International (PSI) is currently assisting our teaming partner company to identify a Technical Lead for important work in support of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Therefore, resumes will be shared with PSI as well as our partners on the team. The successful candidate must be selected in the April timeframe so please do not delay responding.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The Technical Lead will be responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The developer will also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness. Even more specifically, he/she will be:
- Acting as technical lead to build 5 high performing delivery teams empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications.
- Contributing to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization.
- Contributing to acceptance/functional testing duties and participating in incremental feature development.
- Adhering to, promoting, and helping maintain development standards and best practices.
- Participating in regular code reviews.
- Assisting development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required.
- Communicating committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- 5-10 years of experience
- Experience must include:
- Object-oriented programming or an entire software development life cycle in an academic or professional environment
- Experience in a rapid prototyping environment
- Knowledge of/experience with:
- Agile incremental delivery approaches which support incremental development of high-quality, fully tested J2EE application component delivery every 2 weeks.
- J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting responsibilities.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Current DHS Public Trust Clearance
- Certified in Lean Software Development, Kanban, Scrum and other Agile processes
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.