Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
Total Exposure Health (TEHTM) data scientist captures relevant data/information on current occupational and environmental health topics, governance, policies and laws to analyze DOTMLPF-p gaps to evolve current practices for TEHTM. Data scientist incorporates technology while communicating data findings to both DoD and AF stakeholders, leaders and TEHTM Office managers to help AFMS meet a TEHTM business challenges. The data scientist explores information from not just one source, but from multiple sources in order to gain maximum insight that can give the DoD and the AFMS a competitive advantage.
- Identifies unique opportunities to collect new data in support TEHTM.
- Strategizes new uses for data and its interaction with data design in support TEHTM.
- Locates new data sources, analyzes statistics and implements quality procedures in support TEHTM.
- Performs data studies of new and diverse data sources in support TEHTM.
- Finds new uses for existing data sources in support TEHTM.
- Identifies and captures statistical modeling data sources and experiment design in support TEHTM.
- Discovers “stories” told by the data and presents them to other scientists and business managers in development of DOTMLPF-P analysis for TEHTM.
- Conducts scalable data research on and off the cloud.
- Trains the data management team on new or updated procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Physics with 7 years of of experience in data analytics and/or statistics. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- 7+ years of Occupational and Environmental Health (OEH) related experience either military or Government related in analysis or AF Medical operations.
- Have the capability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
- Must display exceptional organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Exhibit strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the products or services the company is producing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Master of Science Degree
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.