Sr. Engineering Program Manager
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
TEHTM project goals for AFMS as their own and use their skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the project team while driving analysis of DOTMLPF-P associated with DoD and AF occupational and environmental health to explore support Total Exposure Health (TEHTM) Strategic Plan and CONOPS. Identifies gaps and solutions to TEHTM DOTMLPF-P
- Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver with-in budget on desired outcomes.
- Accountable for the result of the project, is the driver that holds the project together and works closely with the Customer, DoD and AF Stakeholders, AFMS and TEHTM Office.
- Responsible for defining the project scope and objectives to ensure project members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another.
- Prepares, maintains and submits clear & concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports.
- Applies proactive approach in routinely tracking the project members’ progress against their project commitments. This is the No. 1 reason for tracking a projects to discover potential problems before they occur.
- Responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices.
- Have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- Adapt their approach to the context and constraints of each project, knowing that no "one size" can fit all the variety of projects.
- Improve their own and their teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Have the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming.
- Ability to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed—all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirement changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them. Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
- Bachelor's Degree, with 10+ years of project management experience, preferably from a traditional occupational and environmental health field. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, VISO, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Ability to stay abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- PMP certification.
- Ability to shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.