Senior Business Analyst
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Business Analyst facilitates business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes. The candidate will manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements (business, stakeholder, solution) and support the ongoing management of the requirements. Business Analyst creates viable and consumable specifications including acceptance criteria in preparation for the sign-off, construction and testing of solutions.
Essential functions will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing requirements (business, user, process and software requirements - functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Managing the requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team
- Facilitating a critical communications role by interacting with users (business domain), project team members and development personnel (technical domain)
- Ensuring the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested
- Understanding multiple project management methodologies/software development approaches and defines the appropriate deliverables through project phases (i.e. planning, analysis, specification and validation)
- Ensuring that quality business analysis standards are met through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, best practices, methodologies and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or closely related field with 5+ years of experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Applications requirement and modeling experience
- Experience on the technical aspects of applications development projects through the full system development life cycle
- Ability to define functional business requirement and scope them down to deliver value added applications
- Ability to gather requirements from multiple stakeholders and translated them into functional solutions
- Proficient requirement meeting facilitator, demonstrated experience in facilitating sessions using techniques to help define scope and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.