Information Systems Security Officer
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Providing security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering
- Assessing and mitigating system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Validating system security requirements definition and analysis
- Establishe system security designs
- Implementing security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures
- Verifying security requirements
- Performing system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities
- Supporting secure systems operations and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of experience including significant on-the-job experience assessing potential security issues and performing/achieving Certification and Accreditations (C&A). An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- CISSP certification
- Proven experience in all aspects of federal security requirements and understanding of FISMA requirements
- Knowledge and experience with implementing FISMA and/or FIPS compliance and OMB Circular A-130
- Knowledge and experience in PII compliance
- Understanding and experience in configuration baselines and security configurations based off of NIST’s National Checklist Program Repository
- Experience identifying Information Protection needs and define System Security Requirements; designing System Security Architecture; developing detailed Security Designs
- Experience with Defense in Depth principles and technology including access/control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network, and enterprise security architecture
- Experience developing security plans for employing enterprise-wide security architecture
- Experience assessing and auditing network penetration testing antivirus planning assistance, risk analysis and incident response
- Demonstrated experience applying security risk assessment methodology to system development, including threat model development, vulnerability assessments, and resulting security risk analysis
- Experience developing systems that process information with different classifications and categories that simultaneously permits access by users with different security clearances and denies access to users who lack authorization
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and consulting skills
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.