Help Desk Team Lead
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Provide single Point-of-Contact for Customer Support across a 24x7x365 window via phone, email, fax, and chat
- Provide competent friendly customer support on each interaction
- Transfer out of scope service requests to appropriate WMATA departments for resolution
- Use the WMATA knowledge base on every customer interaction
- Log and categorize reported problems
- Monitor and track problems until resolved
- Provide updates/status to users
- Resolve problems within service levels
- Escalate unresolved problems to designated WMATA Management
- Update WMATA knowledge base with missing problem resolution information
- Respond to ongoing service request and management inquiries via vendor issued cellular device/smartphone across a 24/7/365 service window
- Server as Subject Matter Expert to peer technicians (Tier I & II)
- Respond to incoming phone calls, chat, and email from other Help Desk Technicians in a positive and professional manner
- Screen, refer and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems
- Install, configure, and upgrade computer hardware and software as a means of training others and in escalated customer service situations
- Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support and training to peer Technicians.
- Apply advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions
- Participate in the administration of e-mail system support and problem resolution
- Provide phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users using remote desktop access as indicated by problem resolution protocol
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
- Maintain current and develop future knowledge of relevant technologies
- Participate in special projects as required
- Function in the Help Desk Call Center with other colleagues in a fast-paced, customer centric "bull pen" work environment as Subject Matter Expert
- Document and track all calls through WMATA's ticket resolution/customer relations management system
- Interface with and work under the direction of designated WMATA managers
- Using WMATA provided tools and systems, diagnose, research, and resolve problems for multiple platforms and applications in response to customer reported incidents
- Support special projects, services, and other assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or closely related field with 3+ years of experience supervising/managing a Help Desk. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum Certifications: Any (3) or any (3) equivalent of: A+, Network+, Project+, Security+, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, HDI Support Center Specialist, ITIL v3 Foundation, PMP
- Demonstrate expertise in Microsoft operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.