Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Supporting operational tasks and activities for VA’s Enrollment Health Benefits Determination System, a live software application used by Veterans to electronically access their health records and information
- Providing technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management
- Assisting in providing technical input to the systems engineering process.
- Developing and implementing installation and deployment plans
- Assisting in preparation and presentation of systems assurance reviews
- Identifying requirements and deficiencies in hardware and software products
- Coordinating with developers, testers, site staff, installation staff and others to ensure that schedules and expectations are completed in a timely manner
- Maintaining program data and documents on several web-based reporting tools, including SharePoint and IBM Rational Tools
- Assisting with the development of high quality responses to external information requests
- Supporting clients with the preparation for project milestone reviews and critical decision points
- Adhering to standard operating procedures for program activities
- Facilitating meetings with VA employees and capture meeting minutes
- Working independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Functioning as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information
- Performing related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required OR 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 5 years’ experience on complex technical projects, including work on Veterans Affairs systems
- Veteran-Focused Intake Process (VIP) and Rational Tools experience highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Experience working with the following software products: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft® Office Suite, i.e. Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook/Access/MS® Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Visio, IBM Rational Tool Suite, Skype, WebEx, WinZip
- Experience working in a consulting environment and understanding of client/customer relations
- Must be able to work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- High attention to detail
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a obtain and maintain a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans