Annapolis Junction, MD
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership in support of all software engineering activities in design, development, integration and test.
- Leads the software development activities to fix any identified bugs or deficiencies.
- Supports the design and development of the Secure Flight systems and applications to ensure the design is in-line with the OIA requirements and industry best practices and standards.
- Member of the requirements and architecture teams supporting definition of the requirements and architecture.
- Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
- Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Estimates software development costs and schedule.
- Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques.
- Formulates and defines specifications for software applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 7+ years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Custom Development experience:
- Struts, String, Hibernate frameworks, AJAX
- Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- SUN Java SDK
- Open Source Eclipse IDE for Java
- JBoss Application Server v6.0 WebSphere Application Server
- Middleware/SOA experience:
- IBM WebSphere MQ messaging v6
- IBM WebSphere MQ message broker v6.1
- Websphere Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Vetting experience:
- Pattern Matching - IBM Global Name Recognition
- Business Rule Management/IBM ILOG Business Rule Management System
- Reporting experience:
- Informatica ETL
- OBIEE Report Development
- Methods experience:
- RUP or Agile development
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass an extensive Government background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.