Sr. Proposal Manager
Planned Systems International (PSI), a Government Contractor, has an immediate opportunity available for a Sr. Proposal Manager. Work will primarily be performed at our Arlington offices.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of PSI's proposal team and be responsible for managing proposals from kickoff to BAFO to contract award -- including documents, logging/tracking inputs, communicating with team members [internal and external], and drafting/editing text [notably resumes, past performance and management approaches]. Our proposal team works with technical subject matter experts on the development of solutions and white papers; coordinates and collaborates with Capture Teams to develop and document win themes and key messages; and manages documentation and processes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Reading and interpreting solicitations to identify critical items required for a compliant responses.
- Creating proposal schedules and meeting deadlines.
- Leading activities required to successfully assemble multi-functional teams to perform Storyboard, Pink, Red and Gold Team proposal reviews.
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts and independently developing content/writing proposal sections with their assistance/input.
- Assisting other writers by providing shell proposal sections, graphics, draft cover letters, and boilerplate materials.
- Formatting/creating documents, presentations, and spreadsheets as needed in response to solicitations and tracking internal processes.
- Identifying, assessing, resolving, and/ or escalating issues as needed.
- Reviewing proposals to ensure sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win strategies, win themes, and comply with format and style criteria.
- Maintaining proposal libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or closely related field with 3+ years of proposal amangement experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Knowledgeable on the Federal Procurement Process and the FAR.
- Excellent language skills, including writing, editing, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must have ability to gain and hold attention as well as facilitate communications in proposal meetings, red-teams, etc.
- Excellent command of Word (including use of styles, tables, TOC, sections, etc.), Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as ability/aptitude to work with SharePoint and Web applications for collaboration and tracking activities.
- Ability to personally format documents, create presentations, and build spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational skills - i.e. can ensure consistent adherence to processes and maintenance of data files/directories.
- A self-starter that is able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must bring the skills and attitude necessary to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to be flexible in work hours and demonstrate commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Should be resilient in the face of adversity, manage stress, and preferably have a sense of humor to deal with tense situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Master's Degree.
- Working knowledge of responding to IDIQ Task Order Requisitions.
- Strong experience with document management tools such as SharePoint.
- Experience with web-based commercially available BD databases (i.e., GovWin, Fed Biz OPS, Federal Procurement Data System, etc.).
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.