Help Desk Technician (Tier 3)
The successful candidate will provide technical Help Desk support on a Windows Server platform for our client. This position is responsible for performing all of the following roles in an efficient manner and within the scope and deadlines prescribed.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Handle support desk tickets related to the operation system and application, including creating end user accounts, troubleshooting access issues to the application and remotely resolving hardware issues experienced at the client site.
- Effectively interact with the customer.
- Support the operations of a production enterprise application running Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 on multiple Windows servers.
- Operation and maintenance of the OS including application of patches and upgrades.
- Control consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the operating system and applications.
- On call and after-hours once-a-month maintenance support required.
- Some travel to US and overseas sites may be required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in system administration and/or help desk support. A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related academic focus is suggested but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2/SP2.
- Experience with IIS/Tomcat and .NET Framework. (Optional)
- Experience in managing the relationship with Government hosting environments.
- Experience working on projects in similar size and scope.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass an extensive client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.