Business Analyst Mid Level
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Automation of form creation, use, workflow and storage
- Review and categorize the types of forms used across WMATA to assess differing business requirements of different forms and departments, with cost baseline of current form workflows and system
- Work with the vendor to receive and quality assure the training and support materials supplied by the vendor, and then ensure a feasible training package and plan is handed over to the necessary WMATA training department for future roll out.
- Work closely with the Proof of Concept participating business groups, the groups’ leadership and assigned Administrative Specialists, including: Developing a standard process and procedures for form automation
- Mentorship, support and coordination of Administrative Specialists to ensure training is delivered, the solution is in working order and being used, conduct trouble-shooting, and act as a conduit between WMATA and the vendor
- Reporting of data gathered through the solution to participating Administrative Specialists
- Monthly updates on the progress and performance of the solution - for leadership, including COO, IT, QICO and participating business group leadership
- Complete a review of the solution to establish whether it is a proven, feasible solution that meets the business needs of WMATA, and what would be required (i.e. business plan) to scale this solution, or a similar solution, to encompass all PDF forms at WMATA
- At a minimum, this review will include feasibility, requirements and costs in the following areas:
- Assessment of Proof of Concept trial
- Risks, benefits and learning from the Proof of Concept trial
- Quality and value of reporting on data gathered through use of the solution
- Clarity over options for storage, ownership and access to data gathered through use of the solution Detailed plan for integration of the solution with WMATA systems
- Plan to meet WMATA IT security requirements
- Detailed plan for implementation and management of approval workflows associated with forms
- Requirements and proposed plan to manage ownership and updates of forms
- Comprehensive inventory and review of all WMATA forms to establish which forms are suitable for transition to the solution
- Impartial assessment of other similar software solutions on the market
- Cost benefit analysis for larger scale adoption in the medium and longer term
- Automation of document creation, access/storage, receipt, and renewal
- Complete a detailed review of all existing policies/procedures documentation and the current ad hoc publication process, defining which documentation will be feasibly in cope for this project. This will include a baseline costing and cost benefit analysis for automation of the authority’s documentation processes.
- With internal customers (i.e. WMATA’s business groups) and in collaboration with WMATA in-house IT software specialists, assess the business requirements and workflows for an automated software solution, including review and consultation with creators, users and owners of in scope documentation
- In collaboration with WMATA IT specialists, research and present to the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Quality Internal Compliance Operations the feasible software solutions and associated business process requirements, including cost benefit analyses, comparison with defined business requirements, practicality and timelines for implementation, and placing the user experience at the forefront of decision making
- Draft a business plan for implementation of the preferred solution, engaging all necessary stakeholders
- Design and improve processes
- Define requirements for software tools for developmental staff
- Test against requirements
- Integrate systems and manage projects of selected development efforts
- Review designs
- Use software tools to gather requirements, analyze needs, identify risk, propose designs, write documentation and conduct financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or closely related field with 4+ years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience in requirement gathering and analysis
- Experience developing project plan and schedules
- Experience in creating business process flows and business case documentation
- Experience in small to medium level software implementation
- Experience in automating forms, paperless office, preferred
- Expert in MSOFFICE tools (MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio etc.)
- Excellent communication and process management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated skills in software-aided business process capture
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing processes and identifying opportunities for enhancements
- Demonstrated experience in a project leadership role
- Demonstrated experience establishing strong relationships with operational, IT and financial management
- Experience in data analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.