Help Desk Technician
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
CCE Help Desk Technician provides tier III support to Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) worldwide. The candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Resolving network, hardware, and application software issues specific to Coding Compliance Editor.
- Updating and responding to questions from the client (SDD) and end users (MTF).
- Educating the end users on new processes and procedures of the Coding Compliance Editor for each new release.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical discipline with 2+ years of help desk experience with a preference for customer service and support. An equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training or work experience may be considered. (Experience can be waved for recent certification classes for Microsoft Server)
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating systems including XP/Vista/7/10 and 2003/2008 Server. (Windows Server experience or classes are a requirement)
- Sufficient understanding of Microsoft SQL 2008 to install and configure.
- Service driven, to track issues through to resolution and follow up with customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems over the telephone.
- Ability to work with MHS helpdesk incident tracking systems and PSI internal tracking systems. (Remedy preferred)
- Ability to recognize, classify and escalate problems as needed.
- Must have experience working with the federal government agency; preferably DoD.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected must be able to successfully pass an extensive Government background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Additional years of experience, including experience in with medical health systems, and working in a military environment.
- Availability to work extended hours, 24x7 (as required), shift work, and additional hours at critical time and on short notice.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.