St. Petersburg, FL
The Testing Process Quality Improvement (TPQI) team supports the VA client on the Enterprise Testing Service (ETS) contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT).
It supports the development and continuous improvement of ETS processes and workflows and also provides internal support to the organization including, but not limited, to web content management, standardization of processes/procedures, CMMI, development of organizational policies/procedures and processes, instituting organizational change, audits, lessons learned, change, control, and configuration management (C3M), metrics, data analytics, root cause analysis (RCA), corrective and preventive action (CAPA) planning, censuring the effectiveness of internal and external communication, and management of document repositories.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of an ETS Organization-wide comprehensive Quality and Process Improvement Program.
- Assisting in achieving a CMMI maturity high maturity level rating 4/5.
- Contributing to metrics and data analytics.
- Contributing to the establishment of the ETS Knowledge Management process.
- Supporting and, as needed, conducting Root Cause Analysis sessions, Lessons Learned sessions, and Quality Reviews of documents and deliverables.
- Supporting the ETS Internal Quality Audit Program to continuously assess processes.
- Supporting the ETS process for VIP.
- Contributing to continued implementation of the Rational Jazz tools to improve ETS processes.
- Conducting Quality Reviews of documents and deliverables.
- Supporting quality and process improvement methodologies to develop and continuously update the TPQI Plan.
- Reviewing and update the current ETS Programs and Processes.
- Supporting ETS Change and Configuration Management Program.
- Briefing senior staff on project status using routine, ad hoc, written and oral reports.
- Collecting and document user requirements, including gathering, analyzing and summarizing information from stakeholders.
- Researching, analyzing, and recommending solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Evaluating defined program goals and targets to identify gaps and making recommendations for improvements.
- Completing timely work that has been reviewed for completeness and accuracy.
- Performing other TPQI analysis duties as required and requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise. Four (4) years of documented relevant experience or an Associate’s Degree together with two (2) years of documented relevant experience, may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years’ experience including the development and implementation of quality assurance programs for projects and tasks of similar scope and complexity.
- Experienced in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives and achieving organizational change.
- Healthcare software experience.
- CMMI high maturity experience.
- Metrics and data analytics experience.
- Must have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and handle changing priorities with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills. This position works closely with the Customer.
- Detail oriented.
- Adaptability and the ability to work in a climate with frequently shifting priorities is critical.
- Ability to work as part of a team, or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Selected candidate must be able to successfully pass a thorough Government background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of multiple software development life cycle methodologies required including Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, and others.
- Certified Agile Scrum Master a plus.
- Experience with the Rational Tools, especially the Rational Team Concert (RTC) Change and Configuration Management (CCM) tool.
- Current MBI and VA access a plus.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.