Talent Acquisition Specialist
Planned Systems International, Inc. (PSI) is seeking a unique and experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist who will thrive in this fast-paced and small, but very professional and seasoned Government Contractor environment. The candidate selected for our team will work directly with the Staffing Manager and Recruiting Team as well as assigned Program Managers to provide full-life-cycle recruiting for a variety of projects and new business opportunities. A high percentage of requirements will be in support of new bid/proposal efforts for which experience is required.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities: This specifically includes, but is not limited to:
- Recruiting primarily technical and functional candidates for work in Northern VA, Columbia, MD and other locations as needed.
- Other travel (possibly out-of-state) required occasionally as needed for job fairs and/or orientations.
- Working with technical managers to identify and/or assist with the development of requirements and completion of requisitions. May require research if not provided details.
- Identifying, prescreening, and evaluating/recommending candidates for interviews.
- Involves extensive internet recruiting as well as researching non-traditional sources, and involves using MS Office tools to develop recruitment plans and pipelines for difficult positions.
- Involves recruiting for current and contingent positions in a quick turn-around and frequently changing environment. This exempt position requires the ability to work additional hours at times to meet deadlines and being available after hours to check emails or take calls to ensure the highest level of customer service for our internal Managers in this fast paced environment.
- Creating accurate and engaging advertising and planning & participating in job fairs as needed.
- Operating in compliance with laws, regulations, PSI policies & established staffing processes, and general best business practices.
- Working within our Taleo system to review, track, and disposition candidates in accordance with OFCCP requirements.
- Participating in regular status update/prioritization meetings, submitting weekly status updates at a minimum, and generally exhibiting an optimistic and supportive team spirit.
- BS Degree and 3+ years of recruiting experience at a minimum, including 2 years of technical recruiting. (An Associates Degree plus additional experience or an equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience may be considered.)
- Must have experience in an environment supporting multiple technical managers and following policies and staffing processes.
- Must have experience working on billable positions as well as proposal positions. (Work will be 50/50.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications; interpersonal; and consulting skills are required.
- Must work cooperatively with internal staff, management, and candidates and also write ads, plans, requisitions, and professional correspondence.
- Must be outgoing and easily able to develop rapport with management and candidates.
- Must have passion and sense of urgency for recruiting with demanding deadlines and thrive in stressful and non-stressful situations remaining poised and professional at all times.
- Flexibility is required in terms of changing priorities, requirements, and processes with ease, traveling to other sites, or doing whatever needed to accomplish the job.
- Must be internet savvy and have demonstrated skills in this area.
- Must have basic Microsoft skills, i.e Word & Excel.
- Proven experience recruiting IT professionals such as Software Developers (.Net, Java, Business Objects), Information Assurance; Networking; HelpDesk/Desktop Support; Web Developers; Systems Administrators; SAP; etc.
- Must have demonstrated follow-up skills and be dependable, on-time, organized, disciplined, and committed.
- Must have proven ability/aptitude to learn and comprehend technical requirements and research new areas as needed.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience recruiting in a Corporate environment is preferred; experience in both corporate and fast-paced consulting environments is a plus.
- Experience supporting a small to mid-size, growing Government Contractor a big plus.
- Additional technical recruiting experience with a variety of positions such as SME's (with Air Force and/or DoD health -related disciplines) preferred.
- Experience with Taleo Business Edition -- as a user a plus. Another system is acceptable as we can train.
- Experience recruiting in classified environments, including high-level clearances, a plus.