San Antonio, TX
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The candidate's core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- Develops and oversees all system engineering procedures as applicable and provides technical leadership for all system engineering activities.
- Systems Administration Support (SAP BASIS) for the SAP instance operating on Windows and UNIX in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment. The will include the Production (PRD), Quality Assurance (QAS) and Development (DEV) environments as well as the Continuity of Operations Program (COOP)
- Provide technical expertise to maintain, update, secure, and reengineer the system as it undergoes any modernization efforts such as movement from on premise hosting to Amazon Web Service (AWS) or database migration from Oracle to SAP HANA.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting to users and perform necessary corrective actions.
- Provide infrastructure support which includes hardware maintenance subject matter expertise for the system. This includes in-depth knowledge and understanding of the existing hardware landscape necessary to sustain, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, perform database backups (stored offsite at a government specified location), perform system recoveries and plan for and justify technical refreshes.
- Provide support with database design, implementation, testing, data retrieval, data access, and maintenance of databases when required. The current database environment is Oracle 12c with the potential for migration to SAP HANA or other SAP supported database engines.
- Provide SAP security, roles and authorizations support to include role development in accordance with SAP best practices and government requirements; provisioning and maintaining user authorizations; managing certificates used as part of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) capability; Ensuring enforcement of segregation of duties through role development and assignment.
- Provide technical writer support to include documentation related to Risk Management Framework (RMF), Certificate of Networthiness (CON), and other miscellaneous cybersecurity related documentation, to include but not to be limited to user manuals, operations manuals, online help, system administration manuals, implementation plans, standard operating procedures, troubleshooting guides, quick reference guides, slide presentations, whitepapers, and graphic illustrations in accordance with government standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or closely related field with 7+ years of professional experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Must possess a strong technical background with a focus on IT Systems.
- System level troubleshooting.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.