San Antonio, TX
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
System Administration responsibilities involve account monitoring; installing security patches and STIGs as required; Operating System (OS) installation; and other local area system administration related functions, including but not limited to:
- Manage and perform updates, upgrades, service packs and patches for these critical systems while limiting downtime for user community.
- Responsible for ensuring that backups are configured properly and do not consume excess space, and are recoverable to desired point in time.
- Maintain OS patching for Windows systems and automate system monitoring and maintenance tasks to alert when systems have not been updated.
- Maintain and document system configurations, server, Operating System, leveraging best build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides and keep infrastructure drawings current.
- Applies knowledge of lA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Set up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Manage system storage capacity planning and work with other team members to provision as needed.
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field with 4+ years of professional experience. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Production environment experience with Microsoft Server 2012 R2, Microsoft IIS and PKI Certificates, Active Directory.
- SQL experience.
- Knowledge od programming in administrative language.
- Familiarity with terminology and comfortable working in an environment utilizing a Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly involving interaction between applications, OS and storage by working with software developers, QA, and vendors and support production applications, servers, and networks by responding to incidents, restoring service as quickly as possible, and investigating root causes for outages and maintaining incident logs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell and Microsoft system scripting.
- Current Security+ Certification is required.
- Microsoft Server Administration Certification required, (MCP/MCSA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer relationship skill sets.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.